emergind-alternative-investment-thumb



increasing-awareness-thumb

Posts tagged "Option"


Life Settlement Senior Survey Data

April 27, 2010

Keystone, Colorado (April 27, 2010) – The Insurance Studies Institute (ISI) releases results of its third senior survey undertaken to learn the role life insurance plays in senior lives, specifically regarding the option to sell life insurance policies. Of 218 seniors surveyed nation-wide, 73% indicate that life insurance was originally purchased to provide for beneficiaries, [...]


Keystone, Colorado (April 27, 2010) – The Insurance Studies Institute (ISI) releases results of its third senior survey undertaken to learn the role life insurance plays in senior lives, specifically regarding the option to sell life insurance policies.

Of 218 seniors surveyed nation-wide, 73% indicate that life insurance was originally purchased to provide for beneficiaries, but that needs have changed over time, and the other 27% purchased policies for other reasons. Fifty-one (51%) percent were not familiar with the option to sell unwanted or unneeded policies, known as a life settlement.

Read the entire Press Release: Life Settlement Senior Survey Data

Tags: , , , ,


Leave a Reply

Leave a comment Share

Read more Collapse

Blurring the Lines Between Truth and Myth

February 25, 2010

For the benefit of consumers, we are asking all publishers in the media to edit out fabrications and sensationalism in articles that describe financial, legal, and retirement matters for seniors and to assure such articles are thoroughly researched and accurately reported. We are asking all publishers to help educate consumers with fair and useful knowledge. [...]


For the benefit of consumers, we are asking all publishers in the media to edit out fabrications and sensationalism in articles that describe financial, legal, and retirement matters for seniors and to assure such articles are thoroughly researched and accurately reported. We are asking all publishers to help educate consumers with fair and useful knowledge. It is to the benefit of consumers that they are allowed to make decisions based on factual information.

Life Insurance Settlement Series Volume IV: Blurring the Lines Between Truth and Myth

Tags: , , , , , , ,


Leave a Reply

Leave a comment Share

Read more Collapse

A Critique of the request by the ACLI to ban securitizations of life insurance settlements.

February 3, 2010

Keystone, Colorado (February 3, 2010) – The American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI) released a statement asking policymakers to ban the securitization of life insurance policies sold in the secondary market. Policymakers need to realize the true intention of ACLI and the life insurance industry appears to be destruction of a vibrant secondary market for [...]


Keystone, Colorado (February 3, 2010) – The American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI) released a statement asking policymakers to ban the securitization of life insurance policies sold in the secondary market. Policymakers need to realize the true intention of ACLI and the life insurance industry appears to be destruction of a vibrant secondary market for life insurance, thereby denying seniors the option and right to realize full market value for their unwanted, unneeded and unaffordable life insurance policies. Such action by the life insurance industry is a slap to all life insurance policyholders, particularly seniors. Public policymakers should insist that consumers purchasing life insurance deserve the option a secondary market may provide.

Read the Press Release: ISI Critiques ACLI Securitization Ban Proposal

Tags: , , , , , , , ,


Leave a Reply

Leave a comment Share

Read more Collapse